photo by Hanka
- Ready In:
- 500 g ground turkey
- 2 (295 g) cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup water
- 530 g your favorite tomato sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in large heavy pan add ground turkey, salt, pepper and and cook on high heat until no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, stir well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl empty cans cream of chicken soup add water and stir.
- In 9x13x2-inch baking pan, spread 1/3 of tomato sauce on top 1/3 white sauce and 4 sheets uncooked lasagna noodles. Then alternate layers of tomato sauce, white sauce, lasagna ending with tomato and white sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes than uncover and bake 15 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Allow to stand for 20 minutes before cutting.
- If you like your lasagna more firm serve it next day. Tastes even better.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. It's not a traditional lasagna - the white sauce and the cheddar cheese make for a nice change of pace. It was very easy and quick to make. I used 1 pound of lean ground turkey, and for the tomato sauce I used a 26oz jar of Classico brand pasta sauce, tomato & basil flavor, and 8oz of tomato sauce. Made for PAC Fall 2007
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">