Turkey Kubideh (Persian Ground Meat Kabob)
- Ready In:
- Peel onion, grate in food processor (or by hand, but it can get messy and teary).
- drain juice from onion - place onion into mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients. mix well.
- divide result into 4 portions, and roll each into 9 inch long rolls, and skewer using metal skewers. Before skewering, check to see if the meat mixture breaks when bent. if it does, you'll need to add a little more flour and re-mix the meat mixture - otherwise it will fall off the skewer. Don't add too much flour. it's not a cake.
- grill the meat until done over medium heat.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are nice. As soon as I started eating, I thought, "Oh, there's no salt in them." I really think they could use a little salt. Of course, people who are cutting back on salt for health reasons should do as they like. I probably would have added salt if I hadn't been paying attention to the recipe and trying to do other things at the same time. Next time I will. I did put the meat on skewers, but decided in the end to pan fry them. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.