Turkey Ham Quiche - Hash Browns Crust
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups cubed frozen hash browns, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups turkey ham, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Blot hashbrowns between two paper towels to remove excess water.
- Combine potatoes, 1/4 cup onion, green pepper and white pepper.
- Fold in beaten egg.
- Pat potato mixture evenly into greased 10 inch pie plate to form crust, building up sides to rim.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Remove from oven. (Crust may be prepared to this point, cooled, covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. To reheat place in cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees. Heat for 10 minutes.).
- Sprinkle turkey ham, remaining onion and cheese in layers evenly over crust. (Crust should be hot when these ingredients are added.) Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, mustard and white pepper; mix well. Pour over crust ingredients.
- Place in oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher who is near the end of my career. I have many craft interests and have just added cooking to my list. Since I like to keep a check on what DH eats I usually try to follow the WW diet and just love their cookbooks. Recipezaar has become the answer to my many cookbooks and recipes I gather and just can't seem to get organized. MMMMM maybe in retirement. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">