Turkey Couscous Meatloaves
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 zucchini, fresh, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons rubbed sage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 slices reduced-sodium bacon, halved
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Boil broth; stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer couscous to large bowl; fluff with fork. Stir in zucchini, onion, sage, salt and pepper. Add turkey and egg and mix to combine. Shape into 6 loaves, each about 1-1/2 inches thick.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet lined with nonstick foil.
- Mix sugar, mustard and tomato paste. brush most of mixture on loaves. Lay bacon piece diagonally over each loaf. Brush bacon with remaining mustard mixture. Bake 30-35 minmutes. Broil 1 minute to crisp the bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!