Turkey Cottage Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I had some leftover turkey and mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving, so I adapted Recipe #151474 to fit my needs. It turned out so well, I just had to post my creation!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups turkey stock, homemade, with onions, celery, carrots, turkey bones, water a bay leaf, peppercorns, etc
- 1 lb turkey, cooked and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 cups potatoes, mashed (leftover)
- Saute the fresh carrots,onion, celery and mushrooms until tender in a large pot.
- Blend the soft butter and the 2 T. flour into a paste.
- Pour the stock into the pot with the veggies. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the flour/butter past, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is the thickness you want, put in the peas and turkey.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish, pour in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Now, if your leftover mashed potatoes are too stiff, add some milk and an egg to loosen them a bit. Spread over the turkey covering completely. I like to add chives to the potatoes for an extra flavor.
- Bake for 35 mn.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION