Turkey Chili Con Carne
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- Cook turkey, onion, and garlic in 3 quart saucepan, stirring occasionally, until turkey is brown; drain.
- Sitr in remaining ingredients except beans, breaking up tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, sirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!