Turkey Burger Pizza
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 450 g lean minced turkey
- 1 pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, mixed, shredded
- 1 small roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bread and butter pickles, drained (optional)
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat . Cook the onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey, breaking up pieces with the back of a spoon. Cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Place Pizza crust on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine pizza sauce with ketchup. Spread over crust. Top with turkey mixture, cheese, tomato slices, red onion and pickles, if using. Bake on middle rack of oven until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve topped with shredded lettuce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.