MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A combination of a couple different brines
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- 32 cups warm water (2 gallons)
- 1 cup kosher salt (must use kosher salt ONLY)
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar (well-packed)
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns (can use 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper)
- 3 -4 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 whole turkey (up to 20 pounds)
- Combine water in a large pot with salt and sugar, over high heat until dissolved.
- Add Worcestershire, peppercorns & garlic, making sure Worcestershire is well combined.
- Cool back to room temperature.
- Wash the turkey inside and out with cold water.
- You will need 2 gallon turkey size oven roasting bags.
- Place one roasting bag inside the other, roll down the edges of the bags to help them stay open.
- Put bags in a heavy roasting pan that will hold turkey.
- Place turkey breast side down, with legs facing you in the inner bag.
- Pour the cooled brine into the cavity and over the turkey.
- Gather the inner bag as tightly as possible and secure with a twist tie.
- Secure outer bag with twist tie.
- Refrigerate in the roasting pan for 12-18 hours.
- Remove from bags, rinse very well, pat dry with paper towels.
- It's now ready for your favorite recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION