Turkey Breast with Orange-Raspberry Glaze
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a lower fat, smaller yield option to a whole bird that should please health-conscious or/and small families.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 5 - 5 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, skinned and boned
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Place turkey breast in a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Pour orange juice over breast, and sprinkle with orange rind, sage, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 325* for 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170*, basting breast frequently with pan drippings.
- Transfer turkey to serving platter.
- Measure 1 cup pan drippings, adding water, if necessary, to obtain that amount; strain and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan, stirring well.
- Add raspberries, sugar, and reserved pan drippings.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Serve with turkey.
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
WOW! This is a wonderful dish! The turkey is very flavorful and moist; the the raspberry sauce is irresistable! A very attractive presentation. I cooked the turkey breast in the crockpot because I was going to be gone all day; about 9 hours on low and 2 hours on high. It took about 30 - 45 minutes for the sauce to simmer down to a good consistency. I kept the turkey breast warm in the crockpot while making the raspberry sauce. Served with wild rice pilaf blend and a salad, this is a great company meal.Reply