Turkey Breast and Herb Cornbread Stuffing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
EASY turkey and dressing in the crock pot. Wonderful for a holiday, or even a weeknight!
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare cornbread mix according package directions. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Coarsely crumble cornbread.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey to skillet; skin side down, and cook 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to skillet, and saute 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together onion mixture, stuffin mix, eggs, chicken broth, and crumbled cornbread in a large bowl.
- Place stuffing mixture in a lightly greased 6 1/2 quart slow cooker. Top with turkey, skin side up. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees and stuffing registers 165 degrees. Remove turkey from slow cooker and allow to stand 15 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION