Turkey Andouille Sausage No Casing
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 1⁄4 ounces buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 pieces white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, heaping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne, heaping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, heaping
- 1 pinch mace
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, scant
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch bay leaf powder
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄3 cup cold red wine
- Combine bread and buttermilk in small bowl, mashing occasionally with fork, until smooth paste forms, about 10 minutes then combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Form into balls (don't overcompact). Brown on all sides in a medium-high skillet - oil sizzling but not smoking - about 10 minutes. If adding to sauce, undercook slightly then, pour off oil but leave brown bits in pan, build sauce, and add back for last 15-30 minutes of simmering.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!