Turkey and Hash Browns Pie
A family favorite!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine turkey, carrots, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Spread turkey mixture in the botton and up the sides of a 10-inch pie plate to form the shell.
- Put thawed hash browns evenly into the turkey shell. Drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with cheese and bake another 5-10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When making this I used breadcrumbs from a whole grain bread, & also added 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper, but other than that, your recipe was followed! When served, I did top it with just a small amount of mild salsa, & we were very satisfied with these hash browns ! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for completing the Baker's Dozen Special in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]Reply
This was okay, but like others we felt it was missing something. DH said it needs gravy...mine came out a little dry but probably because I used ground turkey breast so there was probably no fat. I also turned on the broiler after it cooked and before I added the cheese so it could crisp up the hashbrowns. It was good with BBQ sauce. Made for 1-2-3-Hits.Reply
My family liked this, but didn't love it. My 7-year old did what I suppose my folks would have done too if they weren't trying to eat it the way it was put together...he put the potatoes on the side and used ketchup on the meat. Thanks for the recipe. With a few adjustments, I figure it would work out nicely. Possibly adding a creamy layer under the potatoes?Reply
see 4 more