Turkey and Bell Pepper Frittata
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper (diced, color variation, green or red, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup turkey (roughly chopped, quality cut of deli meat)
- 1 teaspoon salt (coarse)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced, may substitute 1 tsp. dry)
- 5 eggs (large)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese (shredded, Velveeta, cheddar, cheddar blend)
- Heat half the olive oil to medium.
- Stir in peppers and onions and seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic).
- Sauté for about 12 minutes or until soft. (It is important to do this over medium heat. We are not looking for the onions to caramelize.)
- While the vegetables are sautéing, in a separate bowl mix together eggs and milk, set aside. ( Now would also be a good time to turn on the broiler.).
- Add the turkey to the vegetable mixture and heat through.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add remaining olive oil.
- Now we will add the egg mixture and ½ of the cheese.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes to set the bottom.
- Place under broiler for about 4 minutes, or until top begins to brown.
- Remove from broiler and top with remaining cheese.
- Allow 2 minutes for the added cheese to melt.
- Slice into 1/8 slices and enjoy warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a classic egg frittata filled with bell peppers (any color will do), turkey, and onion. This works well anytime but was introduced to me by my Father-in-Law as a great breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. Nice holdover until that wonderful Thanksgiving dinner! **This recipe is measure for an 8-inch pan but can be adjusted to an 11-inch by doubling ingredients.