Tunisian Pumpkin Dip (Ajlouke Et Potiron)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a traditional Tunisian recipe for a classic dip of stewed pumpkin flavored with harissa that's typically served with bread. Use commercial harissa or one of the many recipes here on Food.com.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh pumpkin, peeled and de-seeded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Chop the pumpkin into cubes. Place in a pan with about 1/3 cup water. Bring to a gentle simmer, cover tightly and allow to cook in its own juices until tender.
- Drain the pumpkin in a colander then set aside.
- Add the oil to a pan and fry the caraway seeds and coriander, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and aromatic (about 4 minutes).
- Stir-in the garlic and fry for 1 minute then add the pumpkin, mashing with a fork before adding all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine then remove from the heat.
- Mash the ingredients thoroughly then set aside to cool before serving.
- Serve with bread pieces or flatbread, such as pita.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION