Tunisian Potato Salad With Cumin
From Mediterranean Light by Martha Rose Shulman.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (I tested Yukons)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon harissa (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (if you have time, gently dry roast the cumin powder in a cast iron skillet)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Shulman uses much less but I love my olive oil!)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt, to desired consistency
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (FRESH!) or 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, minced (FRESH!)
- Steam or boil the potatoes until tender-about 15-20 minutes. I *very* slightly undercook the potatoes for best results. *After the potatoes have cooked, refresh under cold water, drain and cut into cubes. *Note: when I made this potato salad recipe I drained the potatoes, placed them in a bowl to cool until just warm and proceeded with the recipe. After the potato salad had cooled in the refrigerator then the fresh cilantro was stirred in just before serving. I wanted to avoid "cooking" the fresh herbs.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except for the herb(s) in a large bowl and mix well. Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Can serve warm; or chill and serve (depends on time of year).
- Stir in the herbs just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION