Tunisian Hsou from Tozeur
- Ready In:
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 1 lemon
- Chop the onion in a food processor until it is finely chopped.
- Chop the celery ribs and garlic in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- In a thick-bottomed pot, saute the onion in the olive oil. Cook until onions are soft and sweet.
- Stir in tomato paste, harissa, paprika, caraway, and coriander. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
- Add celery and garlic and stir to mix.
- Add 4 cups of water. Stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add semolina and stir. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh from the lemon. Chop coarsely and add to soup. Simmer another 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbook is The Essential Rice Cookbook.