Tuna Steaks With Creamy Shrimp Sauce
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 2 lbs tuna steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Combine salad dressing, lemon juice, garlic powder, red pepper, and tarragon leaves in a 2-quart mixing bowl. Blend thoroughly. Add tuna steaks to the blended marinade sauce, coating each steak thoroughly with the sauce. Cover tuna steaks and refrigerate at least 2 hours or preferably overnight. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove tuna steaks from marinade sauce and place in 2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, turning steaks once.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onions, green onions, and bell pepper. Saute until onions are clear. Add cream cheese and half & half. Stir over low heat until cream cheese melts and sauce thickens. Add chopped shrimp and parsley to sauce.
- Blend thoroughly and cook sauce over low heat until tuna steaks are removed from oven. Remove steaks from oven. Drain liquids from casserole. Pour shrimp sauce over tuna steaks. Place steaks in oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent recipe!! I made a couple of changes in that I added a tablespoon of fresh tarragon to the sauce as I had it in the fridge to use up. I also added some lemon juice but apart from that I followed the recipe as written. I served ours over asparagus cooked with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. It was truly a restaurant quality meal. I love tuna and this was a great way to prepare it and we will be enjoying this one again. Cheers Chef Shannon for a great dinner.