Tuna Steak With Garlic & Chili
- Ready In:
- 4 (9 ounce) tuna steaks (about 1in thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine (drained and finely chopped)
- salt, to taste
- Preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot or preheat the broiler to high then reduce the heat to medium-high.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the oil with the water until thick and creamy. Whisk in the lemon juice with a few pinches of salt. Stir in the garlic, oregano, capers, chilies and parsley.
- Lightly brush the tuna steaks with the spicy dressing and cook on the preheated griddle pan or under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, make a diagonal cut in the middle of the tuna steak so you get 2 pieces per portion. Place the pieces, overlapped, in the middle of a serving plate and drizzle over the spicy dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)