Tuna Salad Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (I love Kimmel's from the PNW, I buy it at Whole Foods)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip for me)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (one to two stalks)
- 3 cups salad greens
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks canned hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into twice-as-wide-as matchstick pieces
- Mix the first three ingredients and set aside OR stop there and eat as is or use for tuna sandwich, tuna melt, etc.
- Divide the lettuce between two plates; dress with oil and vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pack the tuna mixture into a 1-cup measure and turn out onto the middle of one of the plates of lettuce; repeat.
- Place the egg quarters, hearts of palm slices, and chopped red bell pepper around the tuna; if desired, garnish the top of the tuna with three pieces of red bell pepper.
- I like to crack fresh ground pepper over all at this point.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!