Tuna (Or Sardine) and Olive Paste
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
By Patricia Wells and from the Provence Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup best-quality french brine-cured black olives, pitted (such as Nyons)
- 2 tablespoons capers, in vinegar, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 plump garlic cloves, peeled, green germs removed, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (7 ounce) can best-quality tuna in olive oil (do not drain)
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, as necessary
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients.
- Process to form a thick paste, adding additional oil if necessary to form a smooth puree.
- Taste for seasoning.
- The spread can be stored, covered and refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
- Variation: Along the same lines, prepare a more pungent sardine-based spread, or sardinade, substituting a 3 3/4 ounce can of best-quality sardines cured in olive oil for the canned tuna.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION