- Ready In:
- Place the butter in a preheated saucepan and melt the butter down (on low heat).
- Once the butter is melted down add the plain flour.
- Stir well and cook the mixture of butter and plain flour which should go a bit lumpy and dry at this stage.
- Very important that you cook this well (2-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and slowly, very slowly add the milk and stir.
- The sauce should now be getting smooth.
- If it is lumpy you have been adding the milk to fast.
- Keep adding the milk until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Add the paprika and lemon juice for a bit of extra kick.
- Add the cheese slowly and stir in so that you can not see any grated cheese in the dish.
- Any other herbs for a bit of extra taste.
- Add the tuna and let it sit on low heat for 5 minutes lightly stirring every minute or so.
- Garnish with some parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice, quick dinner...I was done preparing it in 20 minutes (the time it took to boil the pasta I served it with). I used cheddar cheese, but I'd bet it doesn't matter much which kind you use. It's a good weeknight recipe, when you're too tired to make anything fancy but want a real meal. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking, cooking shows, cooking web sites. I don't think i would want to be a chef I just love cooking for myself. My big thing is recipe modification. I will always change a recipe that I cook to try and get it just right. <br />I run my own business and get into the kitchen whenever I can.</p>