Tuna Melt with Avocado on English Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This tasty tuna melt uses Italian dressing and fontina cheese, broiled until bubbly.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can water-packed albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing or 1/2 cup simple vinaigrette
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 avocados, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups fontina or 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients thru bell pepper; divide between the 8 muffin halves.
- Top each sandwich with avocado and then cheese.
- Place muffins on baking sheet and broil until cheese is hot and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sugarpea, thanks so much for this wonderful recipe! I made this as is except that I used a smoked swiss/cheddar cheese for the topping. My husband and I loved this! How nice to have a tuna salad mixture that does not include mayonnaise. I have leftovers of the tuna salad and I think it will taste great over greens (for my lunch on Monday). Again, thanks Sugarpea for a wonderful recipe that I will be making for the rest of my life!Reply