Tuna Fish-Cheese Patties
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bread, whole grain
- 2 tablespoons milk (or water)
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 egg, stirred
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or other bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Into a small bowl, tear-up the bread and soak in 2 tbsp milk for a couple minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients together (except oil and Panko).
- If the mixture feels too wet, add Panko a tbsp at a time, until you can form soft balls.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan.
- Form tuna mixture into patties and fry for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully flip the patties. Add more oil if necessary and brown the other side for 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve after a 4 or 5 minute rest.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>