Tuna-Fish Casserole - Dairy Free
photo by TheCookingChemist
- Ready In:
- Cook pasta in water until done.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt margarine in a small fry pan. Saute mushrooms.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in flour, make sure all flour is moistened by the margarine.
- Stir in broth and stir until no lumps.
- Return pan to heat, stirring until mixture has boiled for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Tuna, breaking it up as you do.
- Drain pasta and mix into sauce.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and top with crumbled crackers or potato chips.
- Bake until heated through and bubble around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I was really wanting some comfort food, and this hit the spot. I doubled about everything, and added a half of a diced onion while sauteeing the mushrooms, then an extra 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and a cup or two of sweet peas. I didn't have any chips, so I topped it with french onions. Wow, it sure was delish! Thanks for a marvelous dairy-free recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Most of my recipes are dairy free since I discovered many years ago that I am lactose intolerant. While I have had to give up some much-loved recipes, we have discovered that most can be modified to accommodate the changes to our diet. Most of my recipes say dairy free but there are a few from my childhood that may have dairy! I also have an intolerance to MSG so we spend a lot of time reading labels. Usually, it is just easier to cook from scratch, so we don't use many pre-made foods from the grocery store.</p> I like recipes I can make with minimal ingredients, real food I have in my kitchen, that are also easy to make!