Tuna and Fish Cake Sandwich Toast
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- 60 g canned tuna
- 1⁄4 piece yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 slices bread
- 3 pieces fish cakes (chikuwa)
- 1 piece myoga (Japanese ginger)
- 30 g cheese, for pizza
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely mince a quarter piece of yellow onion then combine it with the tuna in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of finely grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of mustard. Mix all the ingredients until it is well-combined.
- Spread the tuna mixture evenly on top of two slices of bread.
- Slice the chikuwa in half along its length then distribute it evenly on top of two slices of bread.
- Slice the myoga thinly along its length then spread the myoga slices on top of the chikuwa.
- Add some more grated cheese on top then sprinkle with about a pinch of pepper on each bread.
- Preheat your sandwich maker.
- Toast the sandwich until it is brown and crispy which usually takes about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I'm a YouTuber home chef from the Philippines now based in Japan. I love to share the recipes I've learned from my travels around Japan. Please enjoy my recipes.