Truly Jordanian Hummus
- Ready In:
- Empty two cans chickpeas onto medium saucepan with juices. Cover with water and heat to a boil to soften beans.
- Drain beans well. Put in food processor and mix until fairly smooth. Scrape as necessary.
- Add tahini, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Process until incorporated.
- Scrape down bowl and add lemon juice. Process again.
- Add olive oil and process until smooth.
- Finally add ice and continue processing to a very smooth texture without becoming runny.
- Serve on a plate with more olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with warmed pita bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This hummus is close to what we had while living in Jordan but not quite. The texture was good but we are not used to seeing black specks in our hummus(pepper). This was my first time using garlic powder, fresh garlic is usually what we use. Hubby is Jordanian so I figured I'd get some good input. Next time we will omit the black pepper and use more lemon juice. This recipe seemed a bit bland compared to what we are used to.