Truite a La Creme Zugoise (Trout in Herbed Cream Sauce)
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 8 (4 ounce) trout fillets, skin on, patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, chervil, thyme and tarragon.
- Add wine and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle trout with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on top of herbs in skillet in a single layer, overlapping slightly if necessary.
- Cut a circle of foil large enough to fit the skillet and press it gently but firmly on top of the fish.
- Return skillet to moderate heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove fish to a platter and cover with fresh foil to keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil over high heat, stirring or whisking constantly.
- Cook until reduced to a thin film that barely covers bottom of pan.
- Reduce heat to moderate.
- Stir in cream and any liquid accumulated from the fish.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thick enough to coat the whisk heavily, 5-10 minutes.
- Cover trout with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!