Truffle Roasted Kabocha Squash
photo by Paleo Magazine
- Ready In:
- 1 kabocha squash (also known as Japanese pumpkin squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shavings (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice squash into quarters, then slice again creating 1-inch wide squash slices. Remove insides and seeds.
- Place on baking sheet and brush all sides with olive oil and crushed garlic. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, rotate and continue roasting for an additional 20 minutes.
- Shave parmesan over hot squash as it comes out of the oven. Serve garnished with fresh arugula leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!