Truffle Macaroni and Cheese With Shrimp
photo by Balancing Cinderella
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whipping cream, egg white, and truffle salt. Mix well.
- Add bacon, mushrooms, Gruyere, and Gorgonzola. Toss to combine all ingredients.
- Add shrimp and toss again.
- Add cellentani and gently mix with a wooden spoon to distribute noodles evenly throughout the mixture.
- Pour mixture in a glass 8” x 10” baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; until the top is bubbling and the shrimp are opaque.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Question - the bacon and mushrooms aren't listed on the ingredients list - the recipe just says to add them. I am wondering how much of each, what kind of mushrooms, and if they should be cooked/sauteed first - I am assuming so as otherwise the fat from the bacon and water from the mushrooms would release in the casserole...? Would love to try the recipe...it sounds great...maybe I'm reading it wrong but can't seem to locate these details...
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!