Trout in Riesling Sauce (F'rell Am Rèisleck) - Luxembourg
- Ready In:
4 8 oz Servings
- Clean, wash & dry the trout w/a cloth. Sprinkle w/salt, pepper & flour.
- Melt butter in a pan & fry trout gently 2-3 minutes on ea side. Butter a stew pan & place trout in it.
- Fry the finely chopped herbs in your frying pan, add the dry Riesling wine & pour this mixture on trout in the stew pan.
- Add fresh cream, season to taste w/pepper, salt & a pinch of paprika.
- Place stew pan in a hot oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, basting the trout occ.
- Take the trout out & place on a hot plate. Boil your sauce (whisking continuously) till thick. Cover trout w/sauce & serve w/boiled potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)