Trout in Almonds Sauce – Croatian Way
This is northern Croatian recipe. In Mediterranean part they put garlic on trout (they put garlic on everything) but garlic as a very strong spice damages the delicate trout taste. Almond sauce is my invention, but as you can see, there is not much to invent. This gentle flavour combines very nicely.
- Ready In:
- 1000 g trout (usually 4x250 g trout fish)
- 1 cup cornflour
- 20 g almonds
- 40 g butter
- 100 ml brandy
- 200 g cream (cooking cream)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves (sliced)
- In order to prevent trout’s to be slimy, after you clean them, cover them with salt and leave them for 1 hour or to become white. (Salt extracts liquid).
- Wipe trout’s with paper towel and cover them with corn flour.
- Fry trout’s on butter (add some oil to prevent butter burn).
- When they are done on one side (if you have space in a pot) add cleaned almonds (white), or you can remove all trout’s aside to hot place and than fry almonds until get brow.
- Add brandy, flambé it and add cream and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over trout’s.
- Serve with cooked potato.