photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 drops blue food coloring
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Trix cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- -Trix krispy treats-.
- In a large pot melt the butter.
- Add bag of marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows are smooth.
- Remove from heat. Combine with trix until the cereal is fully coated.
- Place mixture in greased 9x13 baking pan, and press lightly until it’s flat.
- Let set.
- In bowl, add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and stir until it is smooth.
- Add food dye until it is the color you like.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are combined it is time to roll out the dough. With a rolling pin roll out the dough on a floured surface, about 1 inch thick.
- With a circle cookie cutter, cut the dough.
- Slice the trix crispy in half and sandwich the krispy between two dough circles. Press and seal the edges.
- -Fry -.
- Heat vegetable oil over mid to low heat (5 minutes).
- Gently place donut in oil until it is light golden brown. Flip the donut over until each side is brown. Remove donut and place donut on cooling rack (make sure you have something under rack to catch any excess grease drips).
- While the donut is slightly warm, dip the top of the donut in glaze and add sprinkles if you would like.
- (Note: Use extra caution when frying anything in hot oil.
- Let the used oil cool completely before discarding. Dispose in a container in the garbage.).
- Let the donuts completely cool. They are ready to serve.
- Enjoy your homemade donuts !
- They are best eaten within 24 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!