Tre's Strawberry Mousse Pie
photo by PrimQuilter
- Ready In:
8 Pie slices
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, extra fine granulated
- 1 cup cream, chilled heavy
- 3 tablespoons sugar, powdered
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in saucepan: Let stand for 1 minute to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelitan is dissolved (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat.
- Place berries, extra fine granulated sugar and gelatin mixture in food processor or blender.
- Whirl to puree. Pour into bowl, chill until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon (1 Hour).
- Beat cream and powdered sugar in chilled bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir 1/4 of cream into strawberry puree to lighten mixture.
- Fold in remaining cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Cooking time is chill time!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Flavored jello comes in 3 oz. boxes but unflavored gelatin comes in 0.25 oz. envelopes, so I assumed that's what you meant and just used one envelope, even though the instructions say 3 oz. It seemed to work, although it was a tad soft so maybe 2 envelopes would have been better? It would be helpful if you could clarify. Thanks for the recipe.
Made this for a family cookout, and it was gone as soon as I sliced it! I asked for ratings and they all agreed that it was definitely 5 stars!! Oh, and make 2 the next time! Super easy to put together. I used the microwave to heat the gelatin instead of the stove, and used the larger graham crust by keebler. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a Assistant Chief and in the firehouse we love to cook. So, here I go with a few of my favorite recipes!</p>