Traditional Swiss Onion & Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- Peel, halve and boil potatoes until mostly tender. Cool and slice.
- Peel and thinly slice apples.
- Melt butter in large skillet and sauté onion, leek and apples about 15 minutes, until just tender. Do not overcook.
- Add potato slices, salt, pepper and nutmeg and toss, light, trying not to break up potatoes much.
- Place pie crust in glass pie plate, add half the mixture, sprinkle to cover with cheese and add other half mixture.
- Place other pie crust on top, crimping edges and piercing to vent.
- You can brush with egg wash if you wish.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes, covering crust edges with foil after 20 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Hint: I go a bit heavy on the nutmeg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!