Traditional Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 ready-made pie crust (the shortbread kind is perfect for this recipe)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven at 425.
- Keep pie crust refrigerated while you make the filling.
- Beat together the eggs with the sugar.
- Add syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place nuts in the bottom of the pie crust and pour the filling over the nuts.
- Bake on the BOTTOM rack for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat down to just 350 and bake another 40 minutes, until the filling is set. If you need to, cover the pie with foil to keep the crust from burning.
- Cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
hmm, where ta begin? Well, since high school, i've been a HUGE fan of Paula Deen. I wish she could adopt me! lol My mother and i used to cook thanksgiving and easter for the rest of our family every year and we so looked forward to it. But since ive moved out to attend college, neither of us have really had the time to plan for those holidays as much as we used to. I'm more into baking than actually cooking just because i seem to get more "wow"s when i make a pie rather than a pot roast. Im currently living in Stillwater,OK with my boyfriend and both of us are pretty busy- and poor- students, so im always looking for inexpensive, quick and easy (or crockpot-friendly) meals. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">