photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 kg lean ground lamb
- 2 cups cracked bulgur wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups pine nuts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- The wheat is rinsed and soaked for thirty minutes in enough water to cover. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.Drain it and mix in a large bowl with the ground lamb, the pine nuts and the salt and pepper. In a blender or food processor grind the onion and the mint with a half cup of water. Add to the meat and mix well. Grease a round or square baking dish. Pour the meat mixture and make a 3 cm. hole in the center; cover with the olive oil and form into wedges if using a round dish, or into squares if usin a square one. Bake until meat is well browned but not dry. Serve with taboule and Lebanese yogurt (labna) or plain nonfat yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I began cooking as a kid with my mom. I cook mostly Mexican food, but my best recipes are the ones that I improvise at the last minute! Especially desserts, which I love to cook, but always forget to write down. I'm a stay at home mom of three kids- 2 boys (3 & 5years old) and a 1 year old baby girl. My husband and I have been married for nearly 8 years. I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have made my recipes and even took the time to review and/or photograph them. I appreciate every one of them! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/cookbookZWT.jpg" border="0" alt="I am alw"> <img src="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/banner2009.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=90%> <img src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg"> <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=278234"><img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/ruemke/banners/beans-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/IRecommendGame_AssortedChoc-part-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/Elves-appreciationSTICKER.jpg">