Traditional French Toast
- Ready In:
- 2 small French baguettes (cut into 1-1 1/2 think slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they form a smooth liquid consistency (it's best to use and electric hand mixer for about 30 seconds).
- Add milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix well.
- Thoroughly coat each slice of bread with the mixture but be sure not to soak the bread!
- Place the bread in a heated, greased pan on medium heat. Cook until the top of the bread looks as if it is "drying out" (you'll be able to tell). You can always take a peek and be sure to flip the bread when it is a lovely golden brown.
- Serve with any topping that suits your fancy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!