Touch of the Wild Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe in Midwest Living. It is from the Angry Trout Cafe in Grand Marais.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms or 1 cup button mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In large covered saucepan, cook wild rice in boiling salted water for about 40 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook mushrooms, onion and celery in hot oil for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the vegetable mixture, peas, cranberries and tamari sauce to rice. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes more or until heated through and the remaining liquid is absorbed.
- To serve, transfer rice to serving bowl and top with nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION