Totenbeinli - Swiss Hazel Nut Legs
- Ready In:
- 15hrs 15mins
- 55 g butter, softened
- 250 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 7 g ground cinnamon
- 250 g flour
- 255 g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then stir in the orange juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the flour and hazelnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Form into 1/2 inch by 3 inch sticks, and place onto a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven until brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making