Totally Healthy Granola Brownies
Moist and Delicious Brownies that are Healthy, Low Calorie and a great source of Vitamins which means they are Good for you too!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all purpose wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (I use Parkey Light)
- 1 cup total cereal, crushed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut, shredded (I use Mounds Coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, crushed (I use pecans and Walnuts)
- 1 cup dried fruit, reconstituted (soaked in water till soft again and drained, I use Dates and Cranberries)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup instant oats (I use Quaker brand)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Beat Sugars and Butter together until creamy.
- Next add Honey, Vanilla, and Egg whites.
- Combined dry ingredients (Cereals, Flour, Salt, etc.) and add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Using a large spoon to stir, add the Fruit, Nuts, and Coconut.
- Press mixture firmly into a Greased or sprayed 9x13 Cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until Golden Brown.
- Using a sharp knife slice Brownies while they are still warm.
- Let cool and Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I followed the recipe exactly but the bars just taste like nutmeg to me. I'm sorry; they're not terrible, but I'm wondering if maybe the measurements were wrong as printed? One half tablespoon does seem like an awful lot. For others who would like to make this, maybe just try it with one teaspoon of nutmeg, and maybe less cinnamon too.Reply