- Ready In:
- To make dashi stock, soak the konbu in the water for 20 minutes, then bring the water to a boil, add the bonito flakes and turn the heat off. Let it steep for a few minutes, then strain through a fine sieve or tea strainer, returning the liquid to the cooking pan.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin and sugar and bring to a boil. Take off the heat, and set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the noodles until done, then drain and rinse thoroughly under running water, rubbing the noodles gently with your hands to remove any starchiness from the surface.
- Cut the kamaboko into 1/2-cm slices. Chop the green onion finely. Take two small pieces of peel off the lemon with a paring knife.
- Heat up the dashi and add the rinsed noodles. Cook just until the noodles are heated through. Taste the soup and add a bit more soy sauce or water if needed. Divide into two bowls and add the kamaboko, green onion and lemon peel on top. Serve immediately, with shichimi togarashi sprinkled on top if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!