Tortellini With Edamame and Smoked Sausage
photo by PSU Lioness
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I use kielbasa)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Set 6 quarts of salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, chop red pepper and slice the smoked sausage into 1/4 inch-thick rounds.
- Stir-fry red pepper and sausage together until heated through -- about 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add edamame to water and boil for another 2 minutes. Drain tortellini and edamame well.
- Mix Italian dressing, ginger and teriyaki sauce.
- Toss everything together with the Italian dressing mixture and heat through one final time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.