MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This creamy tortellini and vegetable pasta is a real crowd pleaser. To make it even quicker, use frozen chopped vegetables instead of fresh. Serve with: A green salad and whole-grain baguette
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces vegetable broth or 14 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese or 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1 tablespoon chives or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots and snap peas) or 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1.Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- 2.Meanwhile, whisk broth and flour in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture to the pan, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, tarragon (or dill or chives) and salt.
- 3.Add vegetables and tortellini to the boiling water; return the water to a simmer and cook until the vegetables and tortellini are tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain; add to the pan with the sauce and stir to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION