Tortellini Pepperoncini Salad
- Ready In:
7 1 cup
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained well
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes, spinach, peppers, cheese, capers, basil and beans in a large bowl. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Add pasta, juice and oil to tomato mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Kansas City, MO and I love to cook. I recently lost 50 pounds on the Weight Watchers Flex plan and I am looking at food in a totally different way (or at least I am trying!!) I love every aspect of food/ cooking. I love looking through my favorite cooking magazines, cookbooks, searching the net (this is the best recipe site...by far)and watching the food network. I enjoy going to the grocery store, but sometimes it is frustrating when I have a budget (which seems to be all the time!) I also collect Tori Amos items(singer/songwriter/piano player). She is an amazing artist and I enjoy her music very much.