Torta Di Riso
- Ready In:
- 1 cup arborio rice (risotto)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen spinach
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200ºC, 400ºF.
- Defrost the spinach and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible.
- Boil the rice in salted water until 'al dente'.
- Fry the onion in the olive oil until soft and golden.
- Break the eggs into a cup and beat lightly.
- Put the rice in a large bowl and add the Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the spinach, onion and butter, followed by the eggs.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Grease an ovenproof dish. Make sure it's not too big - the mixture should be three inches or so deep.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
Join The Conversation