Torta De Elote
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub oil on chiles and roast over flame on stove until skin is black.
- Immediately place chiles in a plastic bag and twist shut. Leave chiles for five minutes.
- Remove chiles from bag and take off the burnt outer skin.
- Seed and slice chiles.
- Sautee chicken with butter.
- In a seperate bowl mix cornmeal, salt, pepper, sugar, cream style corn, milk and half of grated cheese.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half of cornmeal mixture on bottom of baking dish.
- Spread chicken on top of mixture.
- Spread roasted chiles on top of chicken.
- Top with remainder of cornmeal mixture.
- Cover in the other half of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for thirty minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!