TOP RAMEN CHICKEN SALAD
photo by AZ Food Critic
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (oriental style)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 teaspoons seasoning (from Ramen)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- Slice chicken into small, thin 1 inch strips. In a large size Dutch oven or deep sauce pan, over medium heat, add the oil, chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté chicken until it starts to brown. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven or deep sauce pan, combine the water, noodles and bouillon, turn on high heat until the noodles just start to break up and soften.
- Add both styles of cabbage and carrots to the noodles, turn the heat down to medium-high and bring the noodle mixture to a boil for 2 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from heat and stir in all 3 seasoning packets that came with the Ramen.
- Drain and add the pineapple, water chestnuts, the sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and chicken.
- Mix well and add green onions, mix again to completely combine.
- Add almonds on top or on individual servings.
- Serves 4 (makes 6 cups).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an Arizona food critic, soon to be cookbook author and a 27 year event caterer....Love to try new foods and recipes!