My husband came up with this recipe. I thought they were so good I told my friends and dubbed them "Tony Burgers". What I really like is they taste so good you really don't have to add much to them condiment wise. Usually I load burgers up with all the fixings but these really don't need them. I usually ony use a slice of cheese.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet maple and brown sugar quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (he uses open pit)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, egg, onion, and barbecue sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into patties and refridgerate 1 hour before cooking.
- Grill or fry to desired doneness.
- Serve on burger buns.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really liked the idea of the oatmeal package in this. The taste was terrific. However, half of mine went down the BBQ grill. It just did not hold together for me. I thought as I was adding the BBQ sauce it was too much liquid and I was right. Literally half was down the grill. But it is worth trying and maybe modifying for the taste!!Reply