Toms Oven Made Cajun Chicken Jerky
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- Mix the salts, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder together and put into a salt shaker; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 150°F.
- Cut chicken into 1/8th inch strips or 1/8th inch cubes (thickness doesn't have to be exact, can be a little thicker).
- On a cutting board, sprinkle each strip evenly and heavily then with a meat mallet, rolling pin or pan, pound mixture into chicken. Turn chicken over and repeat.
- Place strips in single layer on a oven-safe metal cookie cooling rack (fine mesh or closely spaced bars work best).
- Cook chicken until dry but not brittle, 4 to 5 hours, rearranging once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Tom Nickname: TroutLord (given to me by a coworker when I worked in a Fly Shop). Im from St. Clair Shores Michigan Professional Fly Tyer and Instructor I love to Fly Fishing and Hunt I dont have a favorite cookbook because I love to experiment with foods. I enjoy cooking with wild game such as Venison, Pheasant and Grouse. I also enjoy Dehydrating Fruits and Vegetables and making my own Spices and Sauces. Email Me at: Troutlord1@aol.com