'tomokra' (Stewed Tomatoes and Okra)
A delicious southern dish. Sometimes I add a little turkey bacon to it for flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh okra, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- basil, salt and pepper
- Wah and clean the okra.
- Saute onion until tender.
- Add okra, garlic, sauce, and tomatoes.
- Stir to blend.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about an hour, or until okra is nice and tender, stirring as needed. Stir slowly, because the okra will fall apart.
- Season to taste.
- Optional, sprinkle diced bacon on top before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION